Friday, February 8, 2013

Caleb's First Fundraiser







 On Saturday February 2, 2013- We had our first Caleb's Courageous Journey Fundraiser.  It was held at TLC for Kids in Springville; which my sister in law owns and operates.  It turned out to be such an amazing day.  I think my sister in law Karen said it best-It was a day full of family, friends, strangers and love- This could not have been possible if it weren't for my wonderful family who put this together for us.  They all worked so hard making quilts,crafts and baking up a storm!
We had our friend there selling paparazzi jewelry, with a portion of every sale going to Caleb.  We even had someone donate large amounts of cute scrapbook items that were put together in baskets and raffled off.  It was just amazing to see how it all just seemed to come together.


It was so fun to see old friends and neighbors that I hadn't seen in years show up for Caleb.  I can't count how many times I broke into tears that day.  Just from the outpouring of love and support from everyone.  We hugged and laughed and cried like time hadn't passed at all.  It is a treasure to have those friends in your life, and I am realizing that now more than ever.  I am so thankful to all of those that took the time out of their busy day to stop by for us.




At one point during the afternoon it was decided that we weren't getting enough people coming in.  So.....as you can see, Caleb had two Rockettes out there with signs trying to get people to come inside.  Once they brought the music and speakers outside...that was it.  ALL of us girls were out there on Main Street dancing for Caleb and having a blast!  We got honks and waves and people did stop.   It was so fun to just be crazy and silly.  For me personally, it was a moment that I wasn't stressed about medicine or doctors or a million other things that have been thrown in my lap.  It was SO nice to just have a moment to be free and have fun!  I think it's safe to say, any one of us would be back out there in a second to dance for Caleb again.  He is MORE than worth it!  As we finished up for the day we decided we needed a picture of all of us that were there that day....my incredible family.  I can't begin to tell them how much they mean to me...to my little family.  I feel so blessed to have them on our side.  My sister in law Sandra couldn't have said it better..."We are Caleb's Angels and we are kickin' cancers butt!!"

1 comment:

  1. It was great! Glad to help kick cancer's butt with ya! We love you and we love little Caleb!

    ReplyDelete